While we try to teach our children all about life,
our children teach us what life is ALL About.....

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Always Remembered

It has been a year now since I lost my close friend, Robbin, to a tragic car wreck.




I never asked once, why God brought you into my life. You always knew the right words to say, how to make me laugh, how to teach me to let go and not stress the small stuff, and You were Always there for me!!! No matter what we did together we always had the best of time! You taught me so much when you were here  and you are still teaching me!! You never cared what I looked like, what size of jeans I wore, how messy my house was, or if my kids acted up!! You still cared and loved no matter what!! You will always be remembered and never forgotten, because of your BIG heart and how you lived each day to the fullest!!  Your beautiful smile and laugh is imprinted in my mind FOREVER!! Love you always, Robbin Mae Ward!!!
Song by The Band Perry "IF I Die Young"
This song makes me think of Robbin.

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Jess. Praying for you as you miss your dearest friend. It's so wonderful seeing pictures of her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robbin will NEVER be forgotten! She left an imprint on our hearts that will always be there. I have learned to NEVER take my time here for granted. Every day is a gift from God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robbin was absolutely a beautiful person. I'm thankful that she blessed my life and yours. Thanks for remembering her with your words here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well written Jess, I know I am and am sure Robbin too, would be honored that she is not forgotten. I cherish every moment I was privileged to spend with her, as her mom and later as an amazing friend too. It was and still IS a God given honor to have had Robbin as my daughter. I was/AM a truly blessed mom, as Robbin "understood and absorbed" what I taught her as she was growing up and "bloomed" amazingly; holding tight onto those values, morals and ideals in the most life affirming, genuinely Christian way. Life isn’t about the POWER of social status, control or money, but living life to its fullest in the most honorable, giving and loving (Christian) way. I believe Robbin lived and demonstrated that philosophy by the way she lived. It is my hope, that those whom were touched by her life and the way she lived it, would honor her by not only appreciating and understanding that philosophy but to make it their mission to live their lives by Robbins example.

    One of Robbins favorite quotes was, "Be the change you wish to see in the world"

    Truly Blessed,
    De Anne,
    Forever Robbins Mom

    ReplyDelete

"Becoming a mother makes you the mother of all children. From now on each wounded, abandoned, frightened child is yours. You live in the suffering mothers of every race and creed and weep with them. You long to comfort all who are desolate."
-- Charlotte Gray