Yesterday I spent the entire day with my children. I didn't open a single text book to study. I wanted the whole day to be focused on my two kids. Some things I learned yesterday. We went to the mall to meet some friends to have lunch. I bumped into another mom I know, who I look up to. She is an incredible mother, and I love listening to her talk about her kids. She is a mother to four amazing children. I was talking to her oldest son, and he had such a kind sweet spirit about him. He was so laid back and a great big brother to his 3 younger siblings. As we were sitting next to them, I realized how thankful her kids were for spending time together at the mall. They sat there and appreciated this privilege of going to the mall with their mom. Ok, so we are sitting next to them and my kids are complaining left and right how starving they are. Yes, they probably were, but they could've showed some patience. Both of my children were saying how bored they were being at the mall. I realized that I have taken a wrong path somewhere to show how ungrateful I am, that my kids were acting like this. So last night after spending the day with my kids I sat down and prayed, and thought over everything. First of all I need to start showing my kids more respect and appreciate who they are. If you want your kids to give you respect you have to model that behavior. Second, I should not be comparing my kids to other kids. Even though my friend's children are soo well behaved, my kids are pretty great too. I sat up last night and typed out some new rules that will be changed in our home.
HOUSE RULES
Show Respect to Everyone in our home (daycare kids too!)
Help others who are in Need
Show Compassion & love to others
Obey your Mom & Dad
Do not worry about your problems, pray & lift them Up to God
Do not compare yourself to others
Try your hardest at everything you do, and you will accomplish Great things
This is going to be my new goal. I want everyone in my house to model all these behaviors.
This is a great post, thanks for sharing! I think we all need little reminders of this :)
ReplyDelete